Sunday, January 25, 2009

3 Good Cereals Full of Fiber and All Natural Foods

The health benefits of Omega-3 and fiber are far reaching and including the two in your regular diet can be challenging sometimes so I wanted to share with you some convienent options. Below are a few cereals that can be enjoyed with skim milk or dry.

Many of you have probably seen Kashi at the grocery store. I don't know if you have had a chance to try Kashi cereals yet but if you have not, then I recommend that you do. Kashi is the 7 grain company that uses all natural whole foods and makes them taste really good. Growing up, I enjoyed eating cereal and a lot of it. My problem was that I would eat cereals high in sugar (high fructose corn syrup) and processed foods such as flour. Healthy cereals are a good choice to start off your day and can be a good snack in between meals.

Recently, I had the chance to listen to one of my friends, Bob Calvin speak at a baseball performance nutrition seminar. Bob is the head dietician at Athletes Performance in Gulf Breeze, Florida and is one of the best sports dieticians in the world. He spoke of the importance of including fiber in your diet. What he said was "if there was not at least 3g of Fiber per serving, then put it back and find something that does."









No comments: